Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year Nails!

I can't believe how long I haven't been on here! I'm so sorry! I just haven't found the time with the holidays but I promise I will be blogging a lot more! So let's start with the manicure I did for New Years Eve. I wanted something glitzy but not too crazy. I decided to try a design that I've never tried before. I used tape for this manicure. Here's how it looks: 
I painted my pointer and ring finger in the color Silver from Forever 21's nail polish line Love & Beauty; and I painted my middle finger and pinky in Revlon's Gold Coin. Then I used painter's tape because I really didn't want to get any nail polish underneath the tape and since it was my first time doing this I didn't trust myself using regular scotch tape. I didn't go out to buy it I had it in my house because I'm painting my room over. So I cut strips of the tape to make thin lines and I taped them over my nails when it was 100% dry. Then I painted over everything with Sinful Color's Black on Black. When that dried I slowly and carefully peeled the tape off. It didn't come out 100% perfect but I think it came out pretty good. I got a lot of compliments on this manicure from people who saw it. It's not glitzy and glittery but it definitely catches the eye and makes a statement. I'm looking forward to trying more designs using tape. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday & I wish you all a happy & healthy new year! :)

5 comments: